Town centre access restricted following suspected gas leak
- Credit: Cambs Times reader
Part of Broad Street, March, remains closed today following a suspected gas leak.
No entrance signs and barriers have been put across the section of Broad Street turning left from Station Road.
A number of Cadent service vehicles are in Broad Street and cones have been put around a section of the road.
However, pedestrians continue to walk freely and traffic has not been banned from using the other side of the road.
More information is awaited from Cadent on the suspected leak.
You may also want to watch:
One local resident has described “smelling gas in the area” on Monday.
Earlier this month March was affected by four gas leaks that caused residents to be evacuated and whole streets closed off.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 5 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 6 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 9 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 10 Military teenager to star on national podcast
Two years ago, Broad Street was closed for a week to allow emergency repairs by Cadent after a gas leak.