‘Hats off to our amazing bus driver’ - Keli praised for her service
- Credit: Google Maps
A bus driver has been praised for her quick thinking after a passenger on one of her services spilt a four-pint container of milk.
Stagecoach employee, Keli, who has been named a ‘star employee’ online, was driving the 39 bus from Ely to March at noon yesterday.
One of the passengers lost hold of their bag and the milk carton inside it split causing it to leak all over the bus.
A passenger who was on the bus said: “Keli stopped the bus opposite a shop so the passenger could purchase a replacement.
“She tried to clear up the mess with the help of some passengers who had newspapers but it was impossible.”
You may also want to watch:
Keli stopped the bus at the depot on Lancaster Way, got a mop and bucket, cleared up the milk, and then reimbursed the passenger.
“This was all with a smile on her face!” said the passenger.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
“We’ve recently moved down from Shropshire – the bus drivers were so grumpy there.
“Well done, Keli.”