Recap: Main road closed after driver seriously injured in A1303 crash
- Credit: Google Earth
A main road in Cambridgeshire has reopened after a serious collision near Bottisham.
Traffic is moving on the A1303 between Newmarket and Cambridge after a car hit a tree in the area at around 7am today (Monday, March 7).
The road was closed until around midday, with no access to the A14 westbound at junction 36 (Bottisham) during the closure.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary said that the car driver involved in the crash has sustained "serious injuries" and has been taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
A police spokesperson said: "We were called at about 7am today (7 March) with reports a car had hit a tree on Cambridge Road near Bottisham.
"Emergency services attended and the driver has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious injuries.
"The road is currently closed while recovery takes place."
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 6 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 7 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 8 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 9 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 10 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
Bus company Stagecoach described the collision as "serious" in a tweet at 7.41am.
The firm said: "Due to a serious RTC on the A1303 between Newmarket and Bottisham, the service 12 will be facing delays due to a diversion.
"All stops will still be served.
"Apologies for delays to the service."
For the most up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Cambridgeshire traffic map.
Join our Cambridgeshire Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Cambridgeshire.
Do you have a live or breaking news story from across Cambridgeshire? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org