Victim named after fatal A505 crash
- Credit: Archant
A 48-year-old man who was killed in a crash on the A505 near Melbourn yesterday morning has been named by police.
The crash took place at around 3.45am and involved a white Mitsubishi Shogun and a lorry.
Vasile Chiorean, of Old Rope Walk, Haverhill, sadly died at the scene.
The driver of the lorry, 55-year-old Jose Galdon-Donate, from Cartegena, Murcia, Spain, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving and appeared at Cambridgeshire Magistrate's Court today by video link.
He will appear again at Cambridge Crown Court on March 3.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to it is urged to contact police.
Anyone with information should call 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 40 of February 2.
- 1 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 2 £2m in government funding secured to explore A10 improvements
- 3 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 4 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 5 New chief executive for combined authority will earn up to £200k a year
- 6 'Most significant' Fens archive footage in years
- 7 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 8 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 9 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 10 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned