Victim named after fatal A505 crash
- Credit: Archant
A 48-year-old man who was killed in a crash on the A505 near Melbourn yesterday morning has been named by police.
The crash took place at around 3.45am and involved a white Mitsubishi Shogun and a lorry.
Vasile Chiorean, of Old Rope Walk, Haverhill, sadly died at the scene.
The driver of the lorry, 55-year-old Jose Galdon-Donate, from Cartegena, Murcia, Spain, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving and appeared at Cambridgeshire Magistrate's Court today by video link.
He will appear again at Cambridge Crown Court on March 3.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to it is urged to contact police.
Anyone with information should call 101 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 40 of February 2.
- 1 Holiday park 'honoured' to host Cambridge Boat Race teams
- 2 Museum shares historical photos of Ely Market and its royal visitors
- 3 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 4 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 5 Youngsters finally get their wish thanks to new goalposts
- 6 'Lot wrong' but opponents admit concrete plant expansion defeat
- 7 Rats spotted around overflowing bins in Ely
- 8 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 9 'Cash strapped' force picks up bill for 120 Boat Race police
- 10 Counsellor moves practise outdoors with ‘Walk and Talk Sessions’