Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled a car blaze on the M11 near Duxford.
The incident started just before 10.50am. One crew from Cambridge and one crew from Sawston were called to the car fire on the M11 northbound between Junction 10 for Duxford and 11 for Trumpington.
One lane of the stretch was closed while the incident was dealt with.
A Cambs Fire service spokesperson said "Crews arrived to find the vehicle well alight on the hard shoulder.
"Wearing breathing apparatus, firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, before returning to their stations by 11.40am.
"The cause of the fire was accidental."
Cambs County Council Highways reported that the incident was cleared by 12.15pm.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’