Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- Credit: Google Maps
Ely Road in Littleport was closed this morning due to a pedestrian being struck by a car.
A girl was taken to hospital with "serious, but not life threatening, injuries" following the incident.
The incident occurred just prior to 7.48am this morning (May 24), when the emergency services were called.
Teams from Cambridgeshire Police and the East Of England Ambulance Service attended the scene following the incident (May 24).
The driver of the vehicle also remained at the scene of the event, to assist the police with their enquiries.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: "We were called at 7.48am this morning to reports of a car hitting a pedestrian in Ely Road, Littleport.
"Police and paramedics attended the scene and a girl has been taken to hospital with serious, but not life threatening, injuries.
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 5 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 6 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 7 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 8 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 9 Retiring café owner desperate not to see shop 'back at square one'
- 10 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
"The road remains closed.
"The driver of the vehicle remained at the scene and is assisting enquiries."