Eight mile delays on A142 due to water leak
- Credit: Archant
Eight mile delays from the A142 in Sutton to Chatteris have been caused by emergency works to repair a water leak.
Temporary traffic lights on Ely Road are in place by Anglian Water.
Cambs Travel News tweeted: "LONG DELAYS for eastbound traffic, with queues currently as far back as #Chatteris.
"Please expect delays."
Disgruntled motorists took to social media earlier this morning to express their anger.
You may also want to watch:
One commented: "Let's wait until it floods at Welney so the A142 is already extra busy, and then dig it up.
"It might be emergency works driven by Anglia Water, but seriously? It just shows how paralysed the region is when the A142 is shut."
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 3 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 6 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 7 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 8 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 9 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 10 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
Another added: "Just been sat here for 15 minutes and no movement."