Motorist comes to grief on A1 Black Cat roundabout
- Credit: Roads Policing
A driver veered through barriers and ended up stranded on the Black Cat roundabout in Cambridgeshire.
The crash happened earlier today and officers from the Beds, Cambs & Herts Roads Policing Unit spotted it.
“Whilst heading back to our patrol base this caught our attention at the A1/A421 interchange,” said the policing unit tweet.
They added: “The cat didn’t look too impressed, someone has some explaining to do.”
The A1 Black Cat roundabout has been a traffic hotspot for many years but is going to be upgraded as part of a £507m improvement scheme unveiled last month.
The plan is to build a 10-mile dual carriageway with a three-tier junction at the Black Cat roundabout.
A new dual carriageway will travel over it.
- 1 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 4 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 7 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 8 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 9 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 10 Green bin collections suspended