Busy stretch of A142 in Ely set for five-night closure
- Credit: GOOGLE STREET VIEW
A busy road in Cambridgeshire will be closed for five nights next week due to improvement works.
The A142 Stuntney Causeway at Ely will be shut both ways to all motor vehicles between March 7-11.
The closure will be in place between the hours of 8pm and 6am daily for carriageway works.
Cambridgeshire County Council say the improvements being carried out include surface dressing.
"It is a preventative treatment so will not repair roads that have structural issues, and will not alter the shape of a road," said a spokesman.
"Some roads with minor defects can be treated, following planned preparation work in advance.
"The works are carried out in stages. Road closures may be required for preparation work, surface dressing, replacing road markings and raising ironworks.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
"Each stage may happen some weeks apart."
For the most up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Cambridgeshire traffic map.
Join our Cambridgeshire Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Cambridgeshire.
Do you have a live or breaking news story from across Cambridgeshire? Email: email@example.com