A142 at Chatteris re-opens after motorcyclist injured
- Credit: Terry Harris
A motorcyclist was seriously injured today on the A142 at Chatteris today.
It is thought the motorcyclist was part of a group of other motorcyclists out for a Sunday trip when he lost control of his machine.
Motorists stopped to give first aid until the emergency services arrived.
The road has just re-opened.
Police and emergency services attended the scene and diversions were put in place.
You may also want to watch:
The collision happened at the junction of the B1098.
A police spokesman said traffic was diverted through the town for a time but the road has since re-opened.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 6 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 7 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 8 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 9 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son