Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- Credit: SUFFOLK POLICE
The A1065 near RAF Lakenheath has reopened after a five-vehicle crash blocked the road.
Mildenhall police announced the road had reopened at around 9.30am after the collision blocked the road throughout rush hour.
Officers thanked security forces from the American airbase for putting extra patrols on the gates to help people get onto the base.
A Suffolk police spokesman said the crash blocked the road between the junction with the B1112 in Eriswell and the US Air Force base.
Police were called just after 7am to reports of a four-vehicle crash, but when officers arrived on the scene they discovered the collision had actually involved five vehicles.
Officers from Mildenhall police informed the public they were working to remove two "badly damaged" cars from the road, but said no injuries had been reported.
For up-to-date information about the county's roads, visit our LIVE Suffolk traffic map.
Join our Suffolk Travel Information group on Facebook for all the latest traffic news in Suffolk.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Petition launched to save village pub
- 5 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’