Traffic headache after water pipe bursts
A BURST water main in Stretham is causing tailbacks on the busy A10.
The pipe burst shortly after midday on the A1123 Wilburton Road, with gallons of water seeping out onto the tarmac.
Anglian Water said it had dispatched engineers and was treating the incident as a priority.
A spokesman said: “There is a leak on an eight inch cast-iron pipe. We managed to isolate it by closing the valve either side of the affected section at about 2.30pm.
“Temporary traffic lights will remain in place while repairs are being carried out.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said that water supplies in the village should not have been affected by the leak but anyone experiencing difficulty should contact Anglian Water.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest