Traffic headache after water pipe bursts
A BURST water main in Stretham is causing tailbacks on the busy A10.
The pipe burst shortly after midday on the A1123 Wilburton Road, with gallons of water seeping out onto the tarmac.
Anglian Water said it had dispatched engineers and was treating the incident as a priority.
A spokesman said: “There is a leak on an eight inch cast-iron pipe. We managed to isolate it by closing the valve either side of the affected section at about 2.30pm.
“Temporary traffic lights will remain in place while repairs are being carried out.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman said that water supplies in the village should not have been affected by the leak but anyone experiencing difficulty should contact Anglian Water.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening