Tourism boss Tracey Harding to leave Ely after 20 years for new role in tourism at Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
Tourism, town centre and events manager Tracey Harding leaves Ely at the end of the month after a 20 year stint.
She will be moving to Newmarket to work on events and tourism for the home of horse racing.
"After 20 years, I thought it was high time I went and an excellent opportunity came up which I didn't think I could miss," she said.
"In many ways I will be very sad to go, as I have thoroughly enjoyed my role and feel privileged to have been involved in so many amazing events, projects and initiatives. "However, I am really looking forward to getting my teeth stuck into a new challenge."
She said she had enjoyed "the most wonderful relationship with the Ely Standard.
You may also want to watch:
"I recall being part of many headlines although my favourite was when I was hexed by a White Witch for putting on a Commemorate Cromwell event - we are still waiting for the plague of locusts to arrive!"
The City of Ely Council took over the tourism, town centre and events service in April 2018 from East Cambs District Council.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car