Toys and treats make their way from a Soham school to children across the world thanks to Operation Christmas Child
- Credit: Archant
Goodies are being shipped to children across the world thanks to pupils at a Soham school and visitors to a coffee morning.
A stash of 141 boxes are now making their way to children in deprived areas thanks to the shoe boxes packed with toys and treats.
Getting involved were pupils at St Andrew’s C of E primary school and visitors to Wicken coffee morning.
The school has been getting involved in the project for years and this year gathered in 84.
A further 57 were donated at the coffee morning.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Operation Christmas Child, which is organised through the Christian organisation Samaritans Purse, said a small shoebox could have a big impact on a young person’s life.
“What goes into the box is fun, but what comes out of it is eternal,” they said.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her