Tournament kick-starts Ely woman’s fundraising efforts
Ely woman Charlotte Rose has kicked off her fundraising efforts in great style with a successful five-a-side football tournament.
The tournament, organised with the help of Andrew Coussell and close friends, was held at the Paradise gym on Sunday and raised £320 for the Lewy Body Society.
The charity is close to 21-year-old Charlotte’s heart as it carries out vital research into Lewy body dementia, from which her granddad is suffering.
Charlotte, who is holding a second event on Thursday November 19, said: “I know the money I raise won’t make a difference to my granddad’s illness, but hopefully in the future a cure can be found so that other families don’t have to go through what we are currently experiencing as a family.”
The next event is at Bar 62 and is a charity night involving live bands, a leg and chest wax and a raffle with prizes from local companies such as Tanya Constable hair, The Hereward, Soopa Doopa branding and Ta Bouche.
You may also want to watch:
More prizes are welcome and anyone willing to volunteer to come and do the leg and chest wax on the night should contact Charlotte: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation