Ely duo and friend from Upwell raise £2,400 for Alzheimer’s Society by completing Tough Mudder challenge
- Credit: Archant
A group of three friends from Ely and Upwell raised thousands for the Alzheimer’s Society by completing the Tough Mudder running challenge.
David Green, 37, and Pawel Kolasa, 24, who both work in Ely, were joined by friend Ricky Harnwell, 42, from Upwell, for the challenge which took place in Henley-on-Thames on May 6.
The trio completed the challenge in three hours 44 minutes and have so far collected £2,400 for their chosen charity.
Training for the gruelling obstacle course took place at the Atrium gym, in Ely, with Pawel, who works at the gym, putting David and Ricky through a testing 12-week course to get them in shape.
David said: “It was a lot of hard work but loads of good fun at the same time. Our running t-shirts were sponsored by Harnwell Electrical of Upwell.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to everyone for the support and donations so far, and if you would like to donate you still can until June 3.”
To donate, go to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/david-green80 or https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/rickyharnwell
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 9 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 10 Man found dead in March