Tortoises rescued from Soham house fire

Tortoise rescued from a house fire

Tortoise rescued from a house fire - Credit: Archant

Two tortoises were rescued from a house fire in Eye Hill Drove in Soham on Monday by firefighters.

Two crews, one from Ely and one from Newmarket attended the fire at 12.37pm in a single story extension at the property used as a reptile vivarium. Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used a hose reel and positive ventilation to extinguish the fire caused by electrical equipment.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter