Tortoises rescued from Soham house fire

PUBLISHED: 11:47 18 August 2015 | UPDATED: 11:47 18 August 2015

Tortoise rescued from a house fire

Tortoise rescued from a house fire

Archant

Two tortoises were rescued from a house fire in Eye Hill Drove in Soham on Monday by firefighters.

Two crews, one from Ely and one from Newmarket attended the fire at 12.37pm in a single story extension at the property used as a reptile vivarium. Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used a hose reel and positive ventilation to extinguish the fire caused by electrical equipment.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ely Standard. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Ely Standard