Top tips to get art funding with a money bootcamp coming to Ely
- Credit: Archant
A money bootcamp is coming to Ely to give top tips to people working in the arts on how to successfully apply for grant funding.
The day, called Market Place, offers a full day of intensive training and mentoring for artists, arts and community organisations.
As part of the event there is a chance to pitch for £500.
“We work with projects at all stages, from those with just an idea to those with established reputation seeking to try new ways to reach new audiences,” a spokesman said.
Money Bootcamp will help people refine ideas and develop funding bids and pitches.
You may also want to watch:
“You will have the opportunity to make new contacts, share and test ideas with the experts and other participants, learn from the experiences of other arts organizations working with communities.”
As part of the Money Bootcamp there is a community soup at lunch with a chance for four arts projects to pitch for £500.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
The winner will be chosen by popular vote at the end of the day.
If you are interested in pitching on the day, please email a description of your idea - up to 150 words - to Kate Hall at email@example.com by noon on 29 February.
Arts projects have to take place in Fenland and Forest Heath.
Tickets are £20 and £10 for any additional ticket bought at the same time or £15 for those who live or work in Fenland or Forest Heath, and £10 for any additional ticket bought at the same time
The speakers on the day include people with experience in arts marketing, PR, community projects, festivals and theatre.