Top firms take bride of place in wedding spectacular
The Ely Standard is proud to be hosting a very special event for anyone planning to get married. The Bridal Wedding Fayre, on Sunday, February 5, will offer a unique opportunity to find all the services to make your big day exactly what you want it to be
The Ely Standard is proud to be hosting a very special event for anyone planning to get married.
The Bridal Wedding Fayre, on Sunday, February 5, will offer a unique opportunity to find all the services to make your big day exactly what you want it to be under one roof.
Dozens of exhibitors will be at The Hayward Theatre, at the King's School, Ely, from 11am-4pm, providing everything you could want from your wedding, in the wonderful surroundings of the 1,000 year-old school.
According to a new survey published this week, the average cost of getting married today is £20,000, and, with so much money, time and effort spent on making sure the day runs smoothly, it makes sense to shop around and ensure the most important day of your life is as magical as it can be.
You may also want to watch:
We've gathered together the best people in the district to help your wedding run smoothly, from the invitations you send out to your friends and family ahead of the day, to the photographs you will treasure for many years afterwards.
You will be able to take care of the transport (you need to get the bride to her destination after all), all of your wine requirements, and even arrange to have a professional video of the entire event transferred to a DVD.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
Many people consider the flowers to be one of the most important aspects of a wedding, and professional florists will be on-hand to offer advice on arrangements and bouquets, as will Gift Box, who offer fabulous balloon decorations.
"The clothes maketh the man," is a pearl of wisdom that is particularly apt at a wedding. Astarte Brides and Clarkes offer wonderful clothing for the entire wedding, from the best man's suit to the bridesmaids' dresses, and of course, the bride's dress.
For most brides, this will be the most important decision of all, and there will be a number of advisers available throughout the day to offer help on all aspects of bridal wear.