Top dog Troy enjoys another star showing at Crufts
- Credit: Archant
Isleham dog breeder Jane Wilton-Clark hailed a “hugely successful” year for her dogs which saw her walk away with a series of awards from Crufts.
Jane’s whippet CH Shalfleet Simply A Lord, better known as Troy, was crowned best whippet and fourth best hound at this year’s show, which took place in Birmingham last week.
Troy, who is four-years-old, was beaten in the hound class by Irish wolfhound, James. The Best in Show award went to a poodle named Ricky.
It is the second year in succession that Troy scampered away with the best whippet award and he narrowly missed out on being best hound last year, losing out to the eventual winner, a petit basset.
There was also success for Troy’s daughter Martha, known as Shalfleet Sugar Frosting, who was crowned junior warrant champion. The junior warrant competition is held for for dogs aged 6-18-months.
You may also want to watch:
Jane said: “It has been a hugely successful Crufts this year, I am very pleased. There were some good dogs competing this year, particularly from Europe, but Troy did very well.”
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 3 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 4 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 5 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 6 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face