Timebank volunteers help raise hundreds for charities
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of pounds were raised for two children’s charities at an event held in Littleport last Wednesday.
Dozens of people attended the children’s centre in Parsons Lane to enjoy a range of fun and games, including circus skills and face painting, organised on by volunteers of Littleport Timebank.
“I am so delighted with the hard work of all our local Littleport Timebank volunteers and the fantastic turn out that made our charity event such a success,” said Littleport Timebank co-ordinator Caline Easey.
Ms Easey said the event had raised £451.54, which will be split between Childline and the NSPCC.
“Local traders and individuals providing generous donations for our raffle and tombola boosted the coffers,” Ms Easey added.
You may also want to watch:
The morning was packed with entertainment as a steady stream of mums and dads and grandparents turned up with their children who loved having their faces painted, being entertained by Mrs Melody, enjoying circus skills performers courtesy of Stuart Barber, of Doody’s Educational Workshop, and Mr King who made various items out of waste material, plus feeding the alpacas who came from Stephen Cole’s farm.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'