Time Team archaeologist Francis Pryor releasing crime thriller The Way, The Truth and The Dead set just outside Ely
- Credit: Archant
An author has produced a crime thriller set just outside Ely.
Archaeologist Francis Pryor, who has made numerous appearances on time Team, has written The Way, The Truth and The Dead.
He is holding a book signing at Ely Library on Tuesday, January 20, at 7.30pm.
The action takes place in the southern Fens in a small hamlet called Fursby, a few miles from Ely, on the Littleport road.
Mr Pryor said: “It’s a part of Fenland that I love, but it’s very, very different from the silt Fens further north.
“For a start, there really are hills – proper ones that you can look up to.
“Anyhow, Alan Cadbury finds himself running an excavation at Fursby, but it’s no ordinary dig. The archaeology is outstanding, and soon its fame gets to the ears of people in television.
- 1 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 2 Councillor quits as voters get set for two Ely by-elections
- 3 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 4 Caravan site wants 10 new lodges to cope with demand
- 5 Warwick Davis and daughter Annabelle cut the ribbon at special opening
- 6 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 7 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Insurers to pay for £725,000 house replacement
- 10 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
“Much of the book’s action takes place live and on-screen. Those scenes were a lot of fun to write and I’ve tried to capture some of the adrenalin and tension of a live broadcast.”