Time Team archaeologist Francis Pryor releasing crime thriller The Way, The Truth and The Dead set just outside Ely
- Credit: Archant
An author has produced a crime thriller set just outside Ely.
Archaeologist Francis Pryor, who has made numerous appearances on time Team, has written The Way, The Truth and The Dead.
He is holding a book signing at Ely Library on Tuesday, January 20, at 7.30pm.
The action takes place in the southern Fens in a small hamlet called Fursby, a few miles from Ely, on the Littleport road.
Mr Pryor said: “It’s a part of Fenland that I love, but it’s very, very different from the silt Fens further north.
You may also want to watch:
“For a start, there really are hills – proper ones that you can look up to.
“Anyhow, Alan Cadbury finds himself running an excavation at Fursby, but it’s no ordinary dig. The archaeology is outstanding, and soon its fame gets to the ears of people in television.
- 1 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 5 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 6 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 9 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 10 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
“Much of the book’s action takes place live and on-screen. Those scenes were a lot of fun to write and I’ve tried to capture some of the adrenalin and tension of a live broadcast.”