What time will US President Joe Biden land in Suffolk today?
- Credit: PA/ Sonya Duncan
President of the United States Joe Biden is expected to land at RAF Mildenhall this evening as part of his first trip to UK since becoming American commander-in-chief.
President Biden will be joined by his wife, First Lady Jill Biden, on Air Force One as they touch down at the American airbase and meet with US Air Force personnel based there.
It is understood that they will land at around 8pm.
After his quick stop to the airbase, the Democrat will meet with prime minister Boris Johnson in Cornwall, before the G7 summit tomorrow.
After the summit, the President and First Lady will meet the Queen at Windsor Castle to finish off their trip to the UK, before travelling through Europe meeting with other heads of state.
You may also want to watch:
President Biden is not the first US head of state to have flown into the county - President Donald Trump, his predecessor, landed at the base back in 2019.
The Republican premier spent around an hour at Mildenhall on February 26 that year, while Air Force One was refuelled on his trip to meet North Korea's Kim Jong-un in Vietnam.
- 1 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 2 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 3 'Most significant' Fens archive footage in years
- 4 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Pool memories and 60s celebrities - a nostalgic step back in time
- 7 Letter: Who's been pinching my dog biscuits?
- 8 Young writer's 'wonderful' poem wins competition
- 9 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault