Three seats contested by Labour
THE Labour Party is fielding three candidates for the district council elections. Steven O Dell is campaigning for election in Bottisham and husband and wife, Christopher and Sandra Wilson, are standing as candidates in the Swaffhams ward. Steven has live
THE Labour Party is fielding three candidates for the district council elections.
Steven O'Dell is campaigning for election in Bottisham and husband and wife, Christopher and Sandra Wilson, are standing as candidates in the Swaffhams ward.
Steven has lived in the village for the last 10 years and served on the parish council for eight years.
He wants to see a change to district council policy to encourage sports centres in rural areas.
You may also want to watch:
"For too long, resources have been concentrated in the urban centres in Ely and Soham," he said. "We need to promote a healthier lifestyle in the villages as well as the towns."
Steven believes everyone has the opportunity to live in decent affordable homes and wants to protect and enhance the environment and implement policies that ensure energy saving, efficient public transport and waste management.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity