Three schemes on display to make life that little bit easier for cyclists and pedestrians getting around Ely
- Credit: Archant
Plans are on display at Ely library showing three schemes that the county council hope will improve both cycling and walking routes around the city.
The council has set aside money for the three schemes and, following a public consultation, hope to complete the three jobs in the spring.
If you would like to comment on any of the plans please contact Cambridgeshire County Council by either email: email@example.com or telephone: 0345 045 5212 by January 20.
What and where are the three schemes?
Scheme 1 – High Barns and New Barns Road: Create cycle route along named roads with speed reduction measures.
You may also want to watch:
Scheme 2 – High Barns and Lynn Road: Improve crossing arrangement for pedestrians and cyclists.
Scheme 3 – St Johns Road and Tower Road: Consideration of speed reducing measures and cycle route markings. Consideration of improving existing walkway to Cambridge Road for cycle use.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
What are the exact proposals for each scheme?
Scheme 1 – High Barns and New Barns Road
•Change priority of New Barns Road to one way for motor vehicles but allow contra-flow cycling change priority to junctions of •Deacons Lane and Beech Lane and tighten kerb radii to reduce speeds formalise parking arrangements and introduce parking restrictions to improve visibility at junctions place road cushions to reduce vehicle speeds
Scheme 2 – High Barns and Lynn Road
•Construct new pedestrian and cyclist parallel crossing in advance of dual use path construction on west side of Lynn Road
•Widen footpath to accommodate dual use footpath
•Widen link footpath to New Barns Road.
Scheme 3 – St Johns Road and Tower Road
•Dedicate western path to dual use.
•Widen pedestrian refuge island.
•Widen path through park and The Chase.
•Speed reducing measures deemed unnecessary.