Shock after ‘no serious injuries’ for three trapped inside Mercedes in late-night crash
- Credit: Policing East Cambs
Police and firefighters were left stunned after three people escaped a horror car crash in a water-filled ditch without any serious injuries.
A black Mercedes-Benz left the road at Earith Bridge on Monday night (June 8) - leaving all of the occupants trapped in a ditch.
All three emergency services – police, fire and the ambulance service, worked through the night to rescue everyone from the wreck.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “East Cambs officers last night attended a road traffic collision at Earith Bridge.
“A vehicle carrying three people left the road and went into a water filled ditch.
You may also want to watch:
“Along with Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue and the East of England Ambulance Service, it was a joint agency effort.
“All three passengers were removed from the vehicle safely and taken to hospital to be checked over. Thankfully no serious injuries.”
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’