Three men charged with two burglaries in Burwell and Sutton - within 24 hours of each other
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been charged in connection with two burglaries that happened within 24 hours in the East Cambs district.
One of the men, aged 26, was charged with burgling a house in Sutton on September 15.
Two other man, aged 26 and 32, were charged with burgling a house under renovation in Burwell on September 15.
All three men were remanded to appear before court.
Sergeant Phil Priestley said: “Reports of burglary are higher in East Cambs than we usually anticipate at this time of year.
“Burglary - and specifically house burglary - is a forcewide priority.
“We advise people to take every precaution with their home security - locking doors and windows at night, and where possible to invest in security lighting and other affordable security devices.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 4 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 5 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 8 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 9 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 10 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
Anyone with information should call police on 101, or CrimeStoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.