Three men charged with two burglaries in Burwell and Sutton - within 24 hours of each other
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been charged in connection with two burglaries that happened within 24 hours in the East Cambs district.
One of the men, aged 26, was charged with burgling a house in Sutton on September 15.
Two other man, aged 26 and 32, were charged with burgling a house under renovation in Burwell on September 15.
All three men were remanded to appear before court.
Sergeant Phil Priestley said: “Reports of burglary are higher in East Cambs than we usually anticipate at this time of year.
You may also want to watch:
“Burglary - and specifically house burglary - is a forcewide priority.
“We advise people to take every precaution with their home security - locking doors and windows at night, and where possible to invest in security lighting and other affordable security devices.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
Anyone with information should call police on 101, or CrimeStoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.