Three jailed for glass bottle and knife attack robbery in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Three men who attacked a man with a glass bottle and a knife in Ely before robbing him have been jailed for a combined total of seven years.
On October 7 the victim approached Ladell Franklin, 28, in Ely city centre and spoke to him about buying some cannabis.
Franklin took the victim, a man in his 40s, to meet Sam Webber, 27, and Ryan Darby, 31, to buy the drugs. The four men walked to Ely Country Park, off Cresswells Lane, where the victim was attacked and robbed of £80 and his mobile phone.
The victim managed to escape and seek medical attention and was treated for injuries to his face.
On Monday at Cambridge Crown Court the three men pleaded guilty to committing actual bodily harm.
Webber, of no fixed abode, was sentenced to three years and eight months in prison. Franklin, of High Barns in Ely, and Darby, of Garden Walk, in Cambridge, were both sentenced to a year and eight months in prison.
Sergeant Phil Priestley said: “This was a nasty, unprovoked attack, which left the victim with significant facial injuries.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 3 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 4 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 5 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 6 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 7 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 8 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 9 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 10 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
“We will not tolerate violence in our communities and will do all we can to investigate incidents such as this and bring the perpetrators to justice.”