Three jailed for glass bottle and knife attack robbery in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Three men who attacked a man with a glass bottle and a knife in Ely before robbing him have been jailed for a combined total of seven years.
On October 7 the victim approached Ladell Franklin, 28, in Ely city centre and spoke to him about buying some cannabis.
Franklin took the victim, a man in his 40s, to meet Sam Webber, 27, and Ryan Darby, 31, to buy the drugs. The four men walked to Ely Country Park, off Cresswells Lane, where the victim was attacked and robbed of £80 and his mobile phone.
The victim managed to escape and seek medical attention and was treated for injuries to his face.
On Monday at Cambridge Crown Court the three men pleaded guilty to committing actual bodily harm.
You may also want to watch:
Webber, of no fixed abode, was sentenced to three years and eight months in prison. Franklin, of High Barns in Ely, and Darby, of Garden Walk, in Cambridge, were both sentenced to a year and eight months in prison.
Sergeant Phil Priestley said: “This was a nasty, unprovoked attack, which left the victim with significant facial injuries.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
“We will not tolerate violence in our communities and will do all we can to investigate incidents such as this and bring the perpetrators to justice.”