East Cambs pub reopens tomorrow with six new ‘measures of safety’ following coronavirus lockdown
- Credit: Archant
A historic 17th century Woodditton pub - which was rebuilt after being destroyed by a fire in 2018 -is to reopen tomorrow (Saturday July 11) for the first time since the coronavirus lockdown.
The Three Blackbirds in Woodditton has implemented six “measures of safety” to help ensure the protection of customers and staff as the prepare to “swing open our doors and bring our country pub back to life”.
The guidelines include new pre-booking measures, sanitising stations, revised seating plans and clear signage at all touch points.
“The number of guests we can accommodate will be lower than normal, so we encourage you to make a reservation, however we will happily welcome you without a booking if we can safely seat you,” the pub owners said in a post on their Facebook page.?
“Our menu will be a little smaller but will still be packed full of flavour and your favourite dishes. We will be offering food and drink to take away too.
You may also want to watch:
“We will have contactless ordering and payment options available, but we are also happy to take your orders personally from a safe distance.”
The pub is owned by The Chestnut Group, who own six other pubs in the region, including The Northgate in Bury St Edmunds, The Black Lion at Long Melford, and The Westleton Crown, near Southwold.
To see opening times, the pub’s new menu or to make your reservation here.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody