Thousands raised for the Lisa Barnes Memorial Trust
- Credit: Archant
A fund in memory of a much loved woman who died of cancer has reached £137,000 for the Arthur Rank Hospice charity.
That figure has more than doubled in the last four years - In October 2012 the fund total stood at £60,000.
The famous pink wheelbarrow was at Soham Carnival to raise £175.00 and then at Addenbrookes Hospital out-patients department fund raising brought in £349.
At the Ethelreda Fair in Ely fund raising records were broken with £675 raised and a quiz at the Cutter raised £373.
Quizzes begin again there in September.
A motown show held at the Maltings Ely, attracted a capacity audience and raised £1,115.
On Saturday June 25 fund raisers will be in Tesco Ely and on Sunday July 3 at Aquafest Ely, Saturday July 11 at the Girton Feast, and Saturday July 18 at Witchford Music Festival.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 4 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 5 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 10 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
The Lisa Barnes memorial Fund began when she found out she had cancer and had just 12 days to prepare herself for major surgery.
As Lisa’s illness progressed she remained positive to the last and was known affectionately as the ‘little soldier.’
The last eight days of her life were spent at Arthur Rank Hospice and each day was greeted with enthusiasm.
Robert Barnes said on the fund raising website: “Lisa is much missed but she leaves a very positive legacy behind her. She was dedicated to others during her lifetime, and that is why her family and friends have established the Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund in her honour, to raise funds to help others as Lisa would wish.”