Summer party to commend staff for their hard work at Thorlabs in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Around 150 people attended the Ely-based Thorlabs annual summer party to commend staff for their dedication.
The event showed appreciation of staff for the part they played in driving double digit business growth each year at the fibre optic manufacturing company.
Activities at the party included archery, a rodeo bull, petting zoo, bouncy castle, obstacle course, tug of war, face painting and a caricaturist.
A BBQ with a local menu was also on offer, including burgers from Bent & Cornwell, sausages from Edis of Ely, buns from Barkers Bakery, unlimited ice cream from Toni’s Ices, and a mobile ‘baravan’ pub.
Awards were also given out for several categories including Best Whistler, Little Ms/Mr Sunshine and Safest Worker.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor Mike Rouse, the guest of honour, shared words of gratitude to the staff for a job well done and acknowledged the growing anticipation for the completion of the new headquarters in Lancaster Way Business Park at the end of 2019.
Until then, the business continues to expand to more locations in Ely to accommodate a growth in its manufacturing operations.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 3 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 5 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 6 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 10 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
The event took place on July 14 at Ely College.