Summer party to commend staff for their hard work at Thorlabs in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Around 150 people attended the Ely-based Thorlabs annual summer party to commend staff for their dedication.
The event showed appreciation of staff for the part they played in driving double digit business growth each year at the fibre optic manufacturing company.
Activities at the party included archery, a rodeo bull, petting zoo, bouncy castle, obstacle course, tug of war, face painting and a caricaturist.
A BBQ with a local menu was also on offer, including burgers from Bent & Cornwell, sausages from Edis of Ely, buns from Barkers Bakery, unlimited ice cream from Toni’s Ices, and a mobile ‘baravan’ pub.
Awards were also given out for several categories including Best Whistler, Little Ms/Mr Sunshine and Safest Worker.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor Mike Rouse, the guest of honour, shared words of gratitude to the staff for a job well done and acknowledged the growing anticipation for the completion of the new headquarters in Lancaster Way Business Park at the end of 2019.
Until then, the business continues to expand to more locations in Ely to accommodate a growth in its manufacturing operations.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
The event took place on July 14 at Ely College.