Thieves target cash machines
THERE have been fur reprts f peple falling victim t cash machine distractins in Harlw. Plice have said that the persn using the machine has been distracted while their card is remved frm the machine befre a number f fraudulent cash withdrawa
THERE have been fur reprts f peple falling victim t cash machine distractins in Harlw.
Plice have said that the persn using the machine has been distracted while their card is remved frm the machine befre a number f fraudulent cash withdrawals are made at nearby machines.
Tw incidents happened at Barclays Bank, ne at Llyds TSB bank and ne in the lbby f HSBC.
Thieves have interrupted peple making cash withdrawals by appraching them and saying smething similar t, "Is this £10 yurs?"
You may also want to watch:
This tends t happen as the victim's card is abut t cme ut f the machine and sme ffenders have accmplices wh have watched the PIN number entered and will take the card while the victim is being distracted.
Graham Anthny, Crime Reductin Officer at Harlw Plice, said: "Always be aware f yur surrundings. Befre yu use an ATM, check fr suspicius peple hanging arund nearby.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
"Wait until they have gne r find anther machine. If smene tries t distract yu at the ATM, ignre them until yu have gt yur card and cash. Withut lking, tell them in a lud vice t wait. That way passers by might ntice that smething unusual is happening.
"Thse using utside ATMs seem t be the favurite targets, but incidents have als ccurred in lbbies.
"Remember, cash-back at a supermarket can be an alternative t using ATMs."
Descriptins f the ffenders have ranged frm yung white males t yung Asian males.