Thieves steal thousands of pounds worth of cable from quarry
POLICE are appealing for information after two thefts of copper cable from a quarry in Mepal near Ely.
The thefts happened between Monday (August 28) and Wednesday this week.
One happened at Mepal Quarry in Block Fen where 10 metres of cable worth several hundred pounds was stolen from a substation.
The other happened at Lafarge Aggregates, also in Block Fen, where intruders cut through a barbed wire fence before pulling cable from the ground and stealing more from a container.
The cable stolen in this incident was worth about �10,000.
You may also want to watch:
DC Tade Toseland said: “I am appealing for anyone with information about these thefts, particularly anyone who was in the area at the time, to contact police.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Toseland on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 4 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 5 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 6 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 7 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 8 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 9 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 10 Dessert-lover travelled 150 miles north for ‘TikTok famous’ waffle