Thieves steal thousands of pounds worth of cable from quarry
POLICE are appealing for information after two thefts of copper cable from a quarry in Mepal near Ely.
The thefts happened between Monday (August 28) and Wednesday this week.
One happened at Mepal Quarry in Block Fen where 10 metres of cable worth several hundred pounds was stolen from a substation.
The other happened at Lafarge Aggregates, also in Block Fen, where intruders cut through a barbed wire fence before pulling cable from the ground and stealing more from a container.
The cable stolen in this incident was worth about �10,000.
You may also want to watch:
DC Tade Toseland said: “I am appealing for anyone with information about these thefts, particularly anyone who was in the area at the time, to contact police.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Toseland on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 10 Care home still 'requires improvement'