Thieves steal thousands of pounds worth of cable from quarry
POLICE are appealing for information after two thefts of copper cable from a quarry in Mepal near Ely.
The thefts happened between Monday (August 28) and Wednesday this week.
One happened at Mepal Quarry in Block Fen where 10 metres of cable worth several hundred pounds was stolen from a substation.
The other happened at Lafarge Aggregates, also in Block Fen, where intruders cut through a barbed wire fence before pulling cable from the ground and stealing more from a container.
The cable stolen in this incident was worth about �10,000.
DC Tade Toseland said: “I am appealing for anyone with information about these thefts, particularly anyone who was in the area at the time, to contact police.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Toseland on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Councils bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 7 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’