Thieves steal thousands of pounds worth of cable from quarry
POLICE are appealing for information after two thefts of copper cable from a quarry in Mepal near Ely.
The thefts happened between Monday (August 28) and Wednesday this week.
One happened at Mepal Quarry in Block Fen where 10 metres of cable worth several hundred pounds was stolen from a substation.
The other happened at Lafarge Aggregates, also in Block Fen, where intruders cut through a barbed wire fence before pulling cable from the ground and stealing more from a container.
The cable stolen in this incident was worth about �10,000.
You may also want to watch:
DC Tade Toseland said: “I am appealing for anyone with information about these thefts, particularly anyone who was in the area at the time, to contact police.”
Anyone with information should contact DC Toseland on 0345 456 456 4, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 3 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 4 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 5 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 6 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 7 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 8 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 9 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 10 Annual classic car show returns to Ely