Thieves steal distinctive bronze statue, three cases of wine, golf clubs and metal trailer in £20,000 East Cambridgeshire burglary
- Credit: Archant
Thieves stole a distinctive bronze statue, three cases of wine, a set of golf clubs and a metal trailer in a £20,000 burglary in East Cambridgeshire.
The incident happed on Balsham Lane, Westley Waterless near Burwell between September 12 and 13.
The valuable statue is made from bronze, is approximately 5’7” tall, and is mounted on a platform.
The offenders also stole a galvanised metal trailer and a set of golf clubs and three cases of Pichon Longueville Bordeux wine.
The total value of the burglary has been estimated in the region of £20,000 to £25,000.
PC Guy Spencer, investigating officer, said: “This stolen property is extremely distinctive. The wine is a rare vintage - worth approximately £120 a bottle.
“The statue itself was created by the victim herself and is absolutely one of a kind.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 5 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
“Please call 101 if you have any information regarding this or any other crime. To supply information regarding this offence please quote reference CF0525820917.
“You can supply confidential and anonymous information regarding this or any other matter by calling CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111.”