Thieves steal distinctive bronze statue, three cases of wine, golf clubs and metal trailer in £20,000 East Cambridgeshire burglary
- Credit: Archant
Thieves stole a distinctive bronze statue, three cases of wine, a set of golf clubs and a metal trailer in a £20,000 burglary in East Cambridgeshire.
The incident happed on Balsham Lane, Westley Waterless near Burwell between September 12 and 13.
The valuable statue is made from bronze, is approximately 5’7” tall, and is mounted on a platform.
The offenders also stole a galvanised metal trailer and a set of golf clubs and three cases of Pichon Longueville Bordeux wine.
The total value of the burglary has been estimated in the region of £20,000 to £25,000.
You may also want to watch:
PC Guy Spencer, investigating officer, said: “This stolen property is extremely distinctive. The wine is a rare vintage - worth approximately £120 a bottle.
“The statue itself was created by the victim herself and is absolutely one of a kind.
- 1 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 2 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
“Please call 101 if you have any information regarding this or any other crime. To supply information regarding this offence please quote reference CF0525820917.
“You can supply confidential and anonymous information regarding this or any other matter by calling CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111.”