Thieves make off with scaffolding poles in village raid
POLICE are appealing for information after metal fencing posts were stolen in Isleham.
The scaffolding poles were taken from the recreation ground in Mill Street between 8.45pm on Wednesday, June 20 and 10.30am the following day (June 21).
PC Rob Savill, investigating, said: “The site is about four acres and the fence surrounds a sports field, the village hall and village hall car park.
“The fence is about four feet high and the offenders have removed the sections of the fence near the car park.
“I would appeal to anyone who saw it being stolen, or has any information to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Savill on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats