Thieves make off with scaffolding poles in village raid
POLICE are appealing for information after metal fencing posts were stolen in Isleham.
The scaffolding poles were taken from the recreation ground in Mill Street between 8.45pm on Wednesday, June 20 and 10.30am the following day (June 21).
PC Rob Savill, investigating, said: “The site is about four acres and the fence surrounds a sports field, the village hall and village hall car park.
“The fence is about four feet high and the offenders have removed the sections of the fence near the car park.
“I would appeal to anyone who saw it being stolen, or has any information to contact police.”
Anyone with any information should call PC Savill on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 2 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 6 Frying High! National honours for Ely at potato awards
- 7 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 8 Taxi firm introduce ‘hangover recovery kits’ during Christmas party season
- 9 Council's plea to protect East Cambs from Covid-19 this Christmas
- 10 Green bin collections suspended