Thieves make off with scaffolding poles in village raid
POLICE are appealing for information after metal fencing posts were stolen in Isleham.
The scaffolding poles were taken from the recreation ground in Mill Street between 8.45pm on Wednesday, June 20 and 10.30am the following day (June 21).
PC Rob Savill, investigating, said: “The site is about four acres and the fence surrounds a sports field, the village hall and village hall car park.
“The fence is about four feet high and the offenders have removed the sections of the fence near the car park.
“I would appeal to anyone who saw it being stolen, or has any information to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call PC Savill on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 5 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 6 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 7 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 8 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside