Thieves drill holes into cars to steal fuel
POLICE are investigating three fuel thefts in which holes were drilled into car tanks.
Two offences happened in Burwell, in Low Road and The Causeway, and another in nearby Reach, on Sunday night (October 30/31) and they may be linked.
In Low Road the tank of a Volvo C70 was drilled and fuel drained out onto the road. In The Causeway, just over half a tank of fuel was stolen from a Fiat Punto that was parked outside the owner’s home.
The Reach offence happened in Swaffham Road on a Vauxhall Corsa.
Insp Robin Sissons said: “This is a worrying crime because there are obvious dangers with potentially creating sparks around fuel. It also causes great inconvenience to the owner of the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge residents to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity around vehicles to police.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 0345 456 456 4, or anonymously on 0800 555111, or if a crime is in progress, 999.
- 1 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 2 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 5 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 8 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 County council orders review into £120m lending to This Land