Thieves drill holes into cars to steal fuel
POLICE are investigating three fuel thefts in which holes were drilled into car tanks.
Two offences happened in Burwell, in Low Road and The Causeway, and another in nearby Reach, on Sunday night (October 30/31) and they may be linked.
In Low Road the tank of a Volvo C70 was drilled and fuel drained out onto the road. In The Causeway, just over half a tank of fuel was stolen from a Fiat Punto that was parked outside the owner’s home.
The Reach offence happened in Swaffham Road on a Vauxhall Corsa.
Insp Robin Sissons said: “This is a worrying crime because there are obvious dangers with potentially creating sparks around fuel. It also causes great inconvenience to the owner of the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge residents to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity around vehicles to police.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 0345 456 456 4, or anonymously on 0800 555111, or if a crime is in progress, 999.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing