Thieves drill holes into cars to steal fuel
POLICE are investigating three fuel thefts in which holes were drilled into car tanks.
Two offences happened in Burwell, in Low Road and The Causeway, and another in nearby Reach, on Sunday night (October 30/31) and they may be linked.
In Low Road the tank of a Volvo C70 was drilled and fuel drained out onto the road. In The Causeway, just over half a tank of fuel was stolen from a Fiat Punto that was parked outside the owner’s home.
The Reach offence happened in Swaffham Road on a Vauxhall Corsa.
Insp Robin Sissons said: “This is a worrying crime because there are obvious dangers with potentially creating sparks around fuel. It also causes great inconvenience to the owner of the vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge residents to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity around vehicles to police.”
Anyone with information should contact police on 0345 456 456 4, or anonymously on 0800 555111, or if a crime is in progress, 999.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 5 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 8 Councillor Bill, 75, says Covid-19 jab was 'perfect'
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 Green light for off-licence despite objections