Thief broke into pub and stole cash and cigarettes
A BURGLAR who broke into the Fountain pub at Soham and stole more than £600 worth of cash and cigarettes was given a four-month suspended jail sentence this week. Owen Tucker – who had also admitted stealing meat from the Co-op in Burwell and attempting t
A BURGLAR who broke into the Fountain pub at Soham and stole more than £600 worth of cash and cigarettes was given a four-month suspended jail sentence this week.
Owen Tucker - who had also admitted stealing meat from the Co-op in Burwell and attempting to steal £145 worth of batteries from Tesco in Newmarket - will continue on his drug rehabilitation programme over the next two years.
At an earlier hearing, Ely magistrates heard how the landlord of the Fountain had been asleep upstairs at the Churchgate Street premises when Tucker broke in on March 26.
He heard nothing of the break in, and only discovered the theft when his bar manager woke him the next morning with the news.
You may also want to watch:
Tucker, 42, who lives in a van parked in Churchgate Street, had admitted stealing £640 worth of cash and cigarettes from the pub
The court heard he had made a good start with his drug rehabilitation order.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely