Thief Almost Scuppers Cambridge Concert After Attempting To Steal Tour Bus
WORLD renowned choral group Ladysmith Black Mambazo were almost forced to pull the plug on tonight s concert in Cambridge after a would-be thief attempted to drive off with the group s tour bus. The incident happened in the early hours of Thursday morning
WORLD renowned choral group Ladysmith Black Mambazo were almost forced to pull the plug on Thursday night's concert in Cambridge after a would-be thief attempted to drive off with the group's tour bus.
The incident happened in the early hours of Thursday morning (Oct 15) when a 25-year-old man climbed into the driver's seat of the group's tour bus parked outside of the Cambridge Corn Exchange and attempted to drive off.
Fortunately, a number of the tour staff, who were on the bus sleeping ahead of a busy day setting up thousands of pounds worth of musical equipment, were able to stop the man before he was able to drive off with the bus.
Police, who watched the incident unfold on nearby CCTV cameras, arrived at the scene at around 3am and arrested the 25-year-old, from Royston, on suspicion of taking a vehicle without consent and for driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman confirmed that the man is currently being held at Parkside Police Station in Cambridge.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’