Thief Almost Scuppers Cambridge Concert After Attempting To Steal Tour Bus
WORLD renowned choral group Ladysmith Black Mambazo were almost forced to pull the plug on tonight s concert in Cambridge after a would-be thief attempted to drive off with the group s tour bus. The incident happened in the early hours of Thursday morning
WORLD renowned choral group Ladysmith Black Mambazo were almost forced to pull the plug on Thursday night's concert in Cambridge after a would-be thief attempted to drive off with the group's tour bus.
The incident happened in the early hours of Thursday morning (Oct 15) when a 25-year-old man climbed into the driver's seat of the group's tour bus parked outside of the Cambridge Corn Exchange and attempted to drive off.
Fortunately, a number of the tour staff, who were on the bus sleeping ahead of a busy day setting up thousands of pounds worth of musical equipment, were able to stop the man before he was able to drive off with the bus.
Police, who watched the incident unfold on nearby CCTV cameras, arrived at the scene at around 3am and arrested the 25-year-old, from Royston, on suspicion of taking a vehicle without consent and for driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman confirmed that the man is currently being held at Parkside Police Station in Cambridge.
- 1 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 4 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 5 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 6 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 7 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 8 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 9 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 10 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council