Thief Almost Scuppers Cambridge Concert After Attempting To Steal Tour Bus
WORLD renowned choral group Ladysmith Black Mambazo were almost forced to pull the plug on tonight s concert in Cambridge after a would-be thief attempted to drive off with the group s tour bus. The incident happened in the early hours of Thursday morning
WORLD renowned choral group Ladysmith Black Mambazo were almost forced to pull the plug on Thursday night's concert in Cambridge after a would-be thief attempted to drive off with the group's tour bus.
The incident happened in the early hours of Thursday morning (Oct 15) when a 25-year-old man climbed into the driver's seat of the group's tour bus parked outside of the Cambridge Corn Exchange and attempted to drive off.
Fortunately, a number of the tour staff, who were on the bus sleeping ahead of a busy day setting up thousands of pounds worth of musical equipment, were able to stop the man before he was able to drive off with the bus.
Police, who watched the incident unfold on nearby CCTV cameras, arrived at the scene at around 3am and arrested the 25-year-old, from Royston, on suspicion of taking a vehicle without consent and for driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs.
A spokesman confirmed that the man is currently being held at Parkside Police Station in Cambridge.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?