They’ll drink to that! Downham Isle Brewery selected for German beer showcase event
- Credit: Archant
A beer buyer has raised a glass to a local brewery by selecting its beers to be showcased in Germany.
Little Downham’s Downham Isle Brewery was handpicked to be promoted to the German market by a buyer in Dusseldorf, who presented it to other buyers and shops.
The Downham Isle Brewery was selected by Department for International Trade adviser Joe Richart following an exporting workshop for microbreweries.
“We have some excellent craft beer companies in this region so it is a great achievement for Downham Isle Brewery to have been chosen to showcase to the German market,” Jose said.
“We know there is a lot of demand for beer brewed in the UK from overseas buyers, and this trade mission helps to further cement the East of England’s place on the map for having high quality produce.”
You may also want to watch:
Downham Isle Brewery began life in August 2016, thanks to creator Cliff Roberts.
The brewery’s ingredients are traceable to local and East Anglian Maris Otter barley from Norfolk’s Branthill Farm, along with specialist graims, such as crystal, roasted and chocolate.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
The spent grain is taken to Windy Ridge Farm on the Western edge of the village to provide feed for their chickens.