Fantasy fun-filled travelling theatre company to visit Ely school
- Credit: Archant
Children at an Ely school will be treated to a performance of The Hobbit when a travelling theatre company visits.
Highfield Ely Academy will welcome M&M Productions next month for a fun-filed day thanks to the Happy Days Children’s Charity.
The national charity helps local children with a variety of special needs by holding day trips and taking them on holiday.
Happy Days community fundraiser, Suffia Shah, said: “We were able to support more than 23,000 children and their families last year alone, but we couldn’t have done this without the amazing help of our volunteers and fundraisers.
“So we would love to hear from anyone who would like to get involved and support our work.
You may also want to watch:
“Our holidays, day trips, workshops and performances are a lifeline to children across the UK providing them with happiness and hope as well as important social and developmental skills.
“We help families caring for children with life-limiting conditions, disabilities, abused children and young carers and would encourage anyone in the area that would benefit from a respite break to get in touch.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
The theatre’s visit to the school will take place on October 12.
For more information about Happy Days Children’s Charity call 01582 651234, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.happydayscharity.org