Theatre company get in on the fundraising act by raising over £1,000 for local charities
- Credit: Archant
Generous actors who put their scripts aside to hold bucket collections for a number of charities around Ely have raised over £1,000.
KD Theatre Productions, the company behind the sell-out pantomime ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwafs’ at The Maltings, Ely, collected money for the various charities over the course of the pantomime’s Christmas run at the end of last year.
KD donated the funds to the ‘Mayor’s Charity,’ Heart FM’s charity ‘Global Make Some Noise,’ as well as some of the local primary schools who came to the pantomime to help cover their transport costs.
Producer Daniel Bell said: “It’s great to be associated with so many great causes. The pantomime is so well attended and so it’s great to raise the profile of the fantastic work these charities and organisations are doing.”
As well as supporting the different charities, ‘Lisa’s Fund’ also held a fundraising stand over the course of the pantomime.
KD Theatre Productions are currently working on their professional Easter Pantomime ‘The Wizard of Oz’ which opens at The Maltings between the April 1 and 4 before setting off for a tour of the UK.
Tickets are already on sale for this the company’s Christmas Pantomime – Aladdin - at The Maltings, and if your charity would like to be considered for one of the chosen charities then email email@example.com or call 01638 781037.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’