Theatre company get in on the fundraising act by raising over £1,000 for local charities
- Credit: Archant
Generous actors who put their scripts aside to hold bucket collections for a number of charities around Ely have raised over £1,000.
KD Theatre Productions, the company behind the sell-out pantomime ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwafs’ at The Maltings, Ely, collected money for the various charities over the course of the pantomime’s Christmas run at the end of last year.
KD donated the funds to the ‘Mayor’s Charity,’ Heart FM’s charity ‘Global Make Some Noise,’ as well as some of the local primary schools who came to the pantomime to help cover their transport costs.
Producer Daniel Bell said: “It’s great to be associated with so many great causes. The pantomime is so well attended and so it’s great to raise the profile of the fantastic work these charities and organisations are doing.”
As well as supporting the different charities, ‘Lisa’s Fund’ also held a fundraising stand over the course of the pantomime.
You may also want to watch:
KD Theatre Productions are currently working on their professional Easter Pantomime ‘The Wizard of Oz’ which opens at The Maltings between the April 1 and 4 before setting off for a tour of the UK.
Tickets are already on sale for this the company’s Christmas Pantomime – Aladdin - at The Maltings, and if your charity would like to be considered for one of the chosen charities then email email@example.com or call 01638 781037.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion