The Yoga Hut flexes its muscles with £1,000 donation from Mick George
- Credit: Archant
The Yoga Hut in Ely has received a £1,000 funding boost thanks to Mick George Ltd’s ‘Bag of Gold’ competition.
The Redmere-based fitness group beat runners-up Over Community Association whilst third place went to Friends of Robert Arkenstall Primary School.
The competition, which was open to local sports clubs and community groups, received more than 100 applications.
Owner Sally Talbot, who launched The Yoga Hut in 2015, said: “I’m absolutely thrilled to win the competition and am so grateful for everyone who supported us.
“This will be a huge help towards extending and improving the facilities. Yoga is something that I have close affiliation and a personal sentiment with, and to be able to provide this to others is particularly important to me.’”
Sally qualified as a Sivananda Yoga teacher in the Bahamas in 2004, and started freelance tutoring, specialising in her own Hatha Yoga style, among other meditation techniques.
The money will be used to improve and extend The Yoga Hut’s premises.
- 1 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 2 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 3 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 4 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
- 7 ‘It’s been like this for 11 months’ - woman’s assisted refuse collection failure
- 8 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
Some of the money donated will go towards providing on-going fundraising support, and complementary classes for the staff and patients at the Arthur Rank Hospice, who helped care for her mum.
Sally will be holding a summer fete at The Yoga Hut on Saturday August 5 from 1.30-4.30pm to raise money for charity and towards the extension.