Mayor of Ely cuts the ribbon at the High Street’s newest store
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of Ely was on hand to cut the ribbon at the official opening of the High Street’s newest store.
Councillor Mike Rouse, who also posed for a photo with members of staff at the new shop, said: “Delighted to welcome a new business - The Works - onto Ely High Street and help to perform the official opening.”
The Works is the UKs leading value retailer of gifts, art materials, craft materials, hobbies, stationery, toys and books.
The Works was established in 1981 as a discount bookstore “Remainders limited” and was re-branded as The Works in 2003.
It has more than 430 shops across the UK and Ireland, and the company opens up to 50 new sores per year.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for The Works said: “We pride ourselves on having a highly engaged workforce of over 25,00 colleagues who are proud of the business they work for and passionate about the customers they serve.
“Our stores have been called ‘Aladdin’s caves’ by our customers and we are proud of our reputation for offering a helpful, friendly service to all of our customers.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 Man found dead in March