The Weatheralls Primary School, Soham, becomes fourth local school to join the Staploe Education Trust
- Credit: Archant
A primary school in Soham has become the fourth school to join the Staploe Education Trust.
Staff and pupils at the Weatheralls Primary celebrated its new academy status with a spot on cake on February 1.
Weatheralls joins Soham Village College, the Shade Primary School and Kennett Primary School at the Trust.
Headteacher, Chrissy Barclay, said: “After serious consideration, the governors chose to join the Staploe Education Trust because it is a local trust and our schools already work very closely together.
“It will now be even easier for us to share specialist staff across our schools, to train and plan together, and to make sure that we have the right resources at hand to support the learning of our pupils. We are all very excited by the opportunities which lie ahead.”
You may also want to watch:
Executive headteacher of the Trust, Dr Carin Taylor, said: “We are delighted that the Weatheralls has joined our Trust. There is no doubt that the breadth of expertise at the Weatheralls will strengthen the Trust and enable us to drive up standards for all the young people in our community.
“This is a marvellous opportunity for us to work together even more effectively to provide the very best for our staff and for the children in our schools.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review