The Transport & General Workers Union Retired Members’ Association
MEMBERS held their meeting on September 27. The speaker was Andy Lee with his dog Henry from Dogs for the Disabled. Henry is a five-year-old Labrador for which Andy had to wait two years. They spent eight weeks getting to know each other. Henry has change
MEMBERS held their meeting on September 27.
The speaker was Andy Lee with his dog Henry from Dogs for the Disabled. Henry is a five-year-old Labrador for which Andy had to wait two years. They spent eight weeks getting to know each other.
Henry has changed Andy's life. The Labrador is Andy's full time carer, helping with numerous tasks. Henry helps Andy undress, he can open drawers and cupboards, pick up articles, put rubbish in the bin and even help with the shopping.
Although Andy has severe physical impairment he will be joining 30 able-bodied cyclists in a 400km ride, in October, through the Beijing region of China. A collection was taken for Dogs for the Disabled.
You may also want to watch:
The next monthly meeting will be Wednesday, October 25 when there will be a presentation by Janet Naylor, entitled 'funny ladies'. This is about the lives, songs and monologues of Nellie Wallace, Joyce Grenfell and Gracie Fields.
INFO: Everyone welcome. Contact John Drake on 01223 244030 or Gladys on 01353 861091.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph