The sun will come out... when KD Academy’s ‘Annie Jnr’ makes its way to The Maltings
- Credit: Archant
KD Academy’s upcoming musical production of ‘Annie’ will sing its way to The Maltings stage next month.
Two casts of more than 100 talented performers aged between six and 16-years-old will share the performances on Saturday 9 and Sunday 10.
Daniel Bell, principal of KD Academy and director of ‘Annie’, said: “The cast has been a pleasure to work with. They have been rehearsing for over three months and they are excited to be performing at The Maltings.
“Due to the large amount of talented young people who attended the auditions back in March, KD had no option other than to create two casts to share the performances.
‘Annie Jnr’ follows the classic story of an orphan girl who longs for her own parents. With classic songs like ‘The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow’ and ‘Easy Street’, ‘Annie’ is a firm family favourite.
You may also want to watch:
‘Annie Jnr’ is at The Maltings, Ely on July 9 (11am, 3pm and 7pm) and July 10 (11am, 2pm and 5pm). Tickets are available from the box office on 01638 781037 or online via www.kdtheatre.co.uk
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely