The show goes on for Charlie and Molly as CD launch raises funds for hospice
- Credit: Archant
Charlie and Molly’s CD launch party at The Brook on Friday night was a sell-out and raised more than £1,300 for the Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund.
This was despite the fact that guitarist and vocalist Charlie O’Connor, of Ely, was in Addenbrooke’s Hospital on Friday morning having plastic surgery to a hand injury.
The evening began with an energetic performance by members of 4th Dimension Dance Group.
Molly Armstrong, of Little Downham, then took centre stage and sang a selection of her favourite solo numbers. The duo’s technician, Ben Nicholas, was then persuaded to join Charlie on stage and perform a song that they had written together, featuring Ben on ukulele.
Robert Barnes, founder of Lisa’s Fund, said: “It is a testament to Charlie and Molly’s talent and professionalism that with just hours before the doors opened we had to completely change the format of the show.
You may also want to watch:
“They really pulled it out of the bag and everyone had a fantastic night with a real party atmosphere. The songs sounded great and they performed them beautifully. “With ticket sales, CD sales and a raffle, we managed to raise over £1,300, which is a magnificent achievement. With sponsorship and other donations we have more than covered the costs of producing the CD and now every penny from CD sales will go straight to the Arthur Rank Hospice.”
The CD is now available to buy from Burrows Books and the Lighthouse Centre in Ely, Soham Books, both of the Arthur Rank Hospice shops and the hospice itself.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 6 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity