The Ship is in the running for national FreeFrom award
- Credit: Archant
Brandon Creek pub and restaurant The Ship Inn has been shortlisted for a national award.
The pub is in the running at the very first FreeFrom Eating Out Awards, which celebrate venues around the UK which specialise in low-allergen foods while keeping customers informed of dairy or gluten products on their menus.
Ship Inn proprietor, Keith Thomas said: “Over the past two years we have concentrated on raising the standards of food available in the area, focusing on using local ingredients that are naturally gluten free, so that the ever increasing section of the population suffering from such allergies can eat out with confidence.
“The whole service team, from waitress to head chef, are fully aware of how important it is to be able to eat out and not be told ‘we can do you an omelette!’”.
The winners will be announced at a presentation party at 4.30pm on November 18 at the Excel Arena in London’s Docklands. The presentations will be made by celebrity chef Antony Worrall Thompson.
You may also want to watch:
The Ship Inn will come up against The Alford Arms, of Hemel Hempstead, The Peacock, of Warwickshire, Tea42, of Manchester, and The Truscott Arms, of London.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 6 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 7 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 8 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack