The Ship is in the running for national FreeFrom award
- Credit: Archant
Brandon Creek pub and restaurant The Ship Inn has been shortlisted for a national award.
The pub is in the running at the very first FreeFrom Eating Out Awards, which celebrate venues around the UK which specialise in low-allergen foods while keeping customers informed of dairy or gluten products on their menus.
Ship Inn proprietor, Keith Thomas said: “Over the past two years we have concentrated on raising the standards of food available in the area, focusing on using local ingredients that are naturally gluten free, so that the ever increasing section of the population suffering from such allergies can eat out with confidence.
“The whole service team, from waitress to head chef, are fully aware of how important it is to be able to eat out and not be told ‘we can do you an omelette!’”.
The winners will be announced at a presentation party at 4.30pm on November 18 at the Excel Arena in London’s Docklands. The presentations will be made by celebrity chef Antony Worrall Thompson.
The Ship Inn will come up against The Alford Arms, of Hemel Hempstead, The Peacock, of Warwickshire, Tea42, of Manchester, and The Truscott Arms, of London.
- 1 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash