Charity auction The Really Big Bash raises £1800 in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Famous auctioneer David Palmer took centre stage for charity event that raised £1800 in Ely.
The Really Big Bash, which took place at The Maltings, saw dozens of guests gather to enjoy the variety evening in aid of Cancer Research UK and Myeloma UK.
There was magic by Dean Odell and a disco by Simon Bradleys Disco and singer Kathryn Buck also performed.
Auctioneer Mr Palmer - who began his career in 1982 - has featured in BBC shows Flog it and Cash in the Attic, as well as travelling 40,000 miles a year to attend various auctions.
It was organised by Elizabeth Robertson, Margaret Dooling and friends.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Dooling said: "We could not have done this without everyone's support.
"Special thanks go to all our guests for coming to this very special evening."
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools
A dinner by Emma J's Catering and raffle were also included as part of the event on Saturday night (November 30).
Thanks were also given to sponsors of prizes for the raffle and auction, including:
Grovemere Property, Thai Touch Beauty, The Moore Hair Company, Fore Beauty, James Men's Outfitters, Eel Catcher's Daughter, Enchanted Flowers, Totally UK Ltd., Martin Jones, James & Katie Franke, Heather Howard, Treasure Chest, Oliver Cromwell's House, The Almonry, Tesco, City Cycle Centre & Toy Shop, U Classy Gift Shop, Enny Wine, Scotsdales Garden Centre, The Hive Swimming Pool, Ely Cathedral Shop and private donations.